Sunday, September 04, 2005

The 3 Key Principles of Positive Relationships

I recently had the great pleasure of working with a fundraising team and after introducing the team to the power of using NLP techniques, I was asked if I had any further advice for anyone in a negotiating or management role.

This was one of the easier questions I was asked that day, as I always have a supply of postcards with me entitled ‘The 3 Key Principles of Positive Relationships’, and have tried to conduct my professional life with these principles in mind for many years. It works for me and so I shared those principles with the team and include them here too –

Principle 1: Maintain or enhance the self-esteem of others at all times.
Principle 2: Listen and respond with empathy.
Principle 3: Ask for help in solving issues and offer suggestions if necessary.

I hope these principles inspire you as much as they inspire me!

Tony Gibbs
Founder and Principal of charitytraining.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home